Vision for the first semester of 2016

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 10:09:36 PST 2016

sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

Reading the whole thread here it seems we're all pretty much in agreement
about lightweight phobos + dub on steroids.

- phobos should be the common glue allowing interoperability between
various libraries and apps.
- druntime should be OS abstraction?
- dub should be first or second  thing you download when using D (depends
if it can install d itself)

Perhaps:
'dub install dmd' installs dmd
'dub install ldc|gdc' ...
'dub init +gui ' could init a gui app with recommended dependencies.
'dub init +web' for Web dev.
Etc...

?