Vision for the first semester of 2016

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 12:44:10 PST 2016

On 2016-01-25 14:22, Andrew Edwards wrote:

> Glad to see your spirit is not easily broken. That, however, does not
> invalidate my statement.  One would think that 10 years after being
> dubbed the official graphics library for the language, it would be
> simple to install DMD and DWT side by side on all DMD supported
> platforms and the two just work well together. Especially since people
> that advocated it claimed that by making it official, it would
> legitimize their contributions to help improve make improvements. It is
> not even usable on what appears to be the platform you develop on/for,
> MAC OS X, and you are the main maintainer/contributer.

The only thing that happened, as far as I know, in terms of official was
that Walter announced it to be the official GUI and it got its own
dedicated newsgroup. It's not on the web site, there's been no
coordinated releases, no contribution from the core team, nothing. I
don't see how anyone could expect progress to increase at all.

--
/Jacob Carlborg