GDC Explorer Site Update

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 08:10:59 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 15:02:00 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 23:08:32 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Now supports 12 different architectures from ARM to SystemZ!
>> (not including -m32 or any -march options)
>>
> I was sad that the 68k version doesn't work. :(

If you want, you can get cracking with porting the library to it.
  ;-)

> On an unrelated note, is is normal for write() to cause so much
> more ASM than writeln()?  IIRC, writeln() just wraps write(),
> so it seems strange that the latter would generate an order of
> magnitude more code than the former (looks like most of it is
> unicode exception stuff).

This seems to be the reason why.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/006c4221b7d5907503d122b3ba995ccb7e77d41c/std/stdio.d#L3082-L3102

Raise a patch to do the same for write() too?  Removing the "\n"
in fprintf of course.