Vision for the first semester of 2016

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 12:38:16 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 12:46:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 08:57:44 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
>> Ouch yes, seen that before. I just would prefer the base
>> library to be exactly that a base.
>
> I agree. Imagine if all the effort put into Phobos' extras was
> put into the compiler and tooling...

It's not like you could just reallocate all the effort that goes
into Phobos towards the compiler and stuff.

Especially with the compiler itself, most people are unqualified
or uninterested in working on it. If it were suddenly announced
that Phobos was "finished", I guarantee a lot of volunteers would
just walk away (likely including myself).