Silicon Valley D Meetup January 28, 2016

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 29 00:01:54 PST 2016

On 01/28/2016 08:37 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 > I've been listening in on this

Why didn't you say hi? :) This has been the first time that we didn't
have the attendance list open, so we didn't even know whether others
were connected. Come to think of it, I think we were seeing just two
connections: Luís and us. Perhaps it was showing just the attendees who
had video enabled? Anyway...

 > and the talk about @nogc on constructors highlights the need to me
 > of having more attribute inference.

Is there a reason why only auto functions have attribute inference? Why
not infer all attributes unless they are overridden by explicit attributes?

 > Yes, it works on templates, but not all methods are templates.

Agreed.

Ali