Vision for the first semester of 2016

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 29 13:29:54 PST 2016

On Friday, 29 January 2016 at 20:30:35 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> How much of it actually depends on the compiler though?  I'd be
> a little surprised if we couldn't backport at least 80% of
> phobos to 2.067/2.068 with zero changes.

I have no idea, I think you are probably right. But having a
compiler and phobos out of sync sounds even worse than the way it
is now. A better solution for me would be to just stick with a
version and wait for gdc to catch up but honestly it seems like
as soon as a new version comes out I hit some bug that is only
fixed in the latest version, forcing me to upgrade.

For example this literally happened days ago, I am currently at
2.069 and the other day I needed to call some winapi stuff, only
to realize the winapi bindings are way outdated, well guess what
they are updated in 2.070. Its amazing how often I hit a problem
and then find out its fixed in the next version.