Release D 2.070.0

Jordi Sayol via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 29 23:19:59 PST 2016

El 28/01/16 a les 23:36, Minas Mina via Digitalmars-d-announce ha escrit:
> On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 21:08:54 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Glad to announce D 2.070.0
>>
>> http://dlang.org/download.html
>>
>> This release comes with the new std.experimental.ndslice, heavily expanded Windows bindings, and native exception handling on 64-bit linux. See the changelog for more details.
>>
>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.070.0.html
>>
>> -Martin
>
> When trying to install on Ubuntu 15.10 x64, I get this:
> http://imgur.com/L4ozgC1
>
> I didn't proceed with the installation as I don't want any possible broken things.

Same problem on Ubuntu 15.10 x32.

----
$ lintian -c dmd_2.070.0-0_i386.deb
Can't close(GLOB(0x9a83b5c)) filehandle: '' at /usr/share/lintian/helpers/coll/objdump-info-helper line 192
command failed with error code 123 at /usr/share/lintian/collection/objdump-info line 79.
warning: collect info objdump-info about package dmd failed
warning: skipping check of binary package dmd
----

the command exit status is 2

on lintina manpages:

----
EXIT STATUS
       0   No policy violations or major errors detected.  (There may have been warnings, though.)

       1   Policy violations or major errors detected.

       2   Lintian run-time error. An error message is sent to stderr.
----

So this is not a dmd deb package issue but Ubuntu 15.10 lintian issue. Please report it as a bug.

You can safely install dmd deb package on your Ubuntu system.

Regards,
Jordi