Better docs for D (WIP)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 30 12:58:44 PST 2016

Just want to update y'all that my better docs continue to improve
with each passing week.

I just did a style facelift on the members section:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.algorithm.setops.html

(and yes, that's mostly css style! I did a minor change to the
html, you can see the old here:
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.stdio.html (well, at
least until I rebuild the docs of all of Phobos again), but the
css is the big thing. It is nice having semantic markup.)

So I hope that is more readable. The sidebar is also new over the
last couple weeks, giving a sorted list of sibling names -
including package listings.

If you go into a thing:
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.stdio.write.html you
can see how the sidebar shows the immediate siblings only, which
makes the list a lot more managable than trying to cram
everything everywhere. I find the Phobos official sidebar to be
useless because there's just too much there.

BTW the recent push that makes constraints small and grey, check
this out for example:

http://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm_sorting.html#completeSort

I feel is no help. The readability is still poor and it doesn't
help with navigation. In my new members thing, I used a small,
hoverable prototype... but just on the index. Once you click
through, I still have the full details, formatted for legibility.

This reform is not appeasing my revolution....

Anyway, I feel that this is really starting to come together
now... pretty soon, I'll promote it to "alpha" from its current
state of "pre-alpha". Just gotta write the new search engine
first!