Better docs for D (WIP)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 30 14:37:18 PST 2016

On Saturday, 30 January 2016 at 22:08:55 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo
wrote:
> Nice. Slight layout problem: when the browser width is set less
> than the max line width, hovering will add a white bar to the
> right of the page, maybe 20px wide.

Yeah, I know. I want it to be the width of the container's
container, but don't know how to express that in CSS.

So the document layout is basically:

<dl>
   <dt>
       <a>name</a>
   </dt>
   <dd>
       description
   </dd>
</dl>

The dt has a fixed width set to a fraction of the dl. The dl is a
normal block element.

The prototype is normally clipped to the width of the dt, but on
hover, I want it to break free and take the width of the dl,
while staying in the same place otherwise.

I know quite a few css tricks... but I don't think I can actually
do this without adding a script or something, so I just put an
arbitrary fixed width on hover for now.