Ocean preview finally open sourced

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 1 03:15:01 PDT 2016

On Friday, 1 July 2016 at 09:13:46 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Friday, 1 July 2016 at 08:54:27 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>> But if there is interest, I don't discard the splitting idea
>> in some future.
>
> It'd be great, if there was some sort of separation so that
> users know exactly what to use for cross-platform development
> and what not. Docs or some sort of a cheat sheet would be nice
> too. In this way users can see, if Ocean contains something
> interesting for the task at hand. There's less of a chance of
> adoption, if you have to go through the source code to see what
> it does.

Yes, the library is fairly well documented but one of our big
debts is to build the documentation. Unfortunately the project
lacked document generation for basically all its life, so even
when some sort of DDoc-ish format is used, it not strictly DDoc
because it was never actually generated, so when we start
generating the docs we'll need to do a lot of cleanup and fixing.

But generating Docs is another thing that is high in our TODO
list.