daffodil, a D image processing library

Michael via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 1 07:40:13 PDT 2016

On Friday, 1 July 2016 at 11:09:49 UTC, Relja Ljubobratovic wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 June 2016 at 21:35:37 UTC, Benjamin Schaaf
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Hi there. Took a quick look at the source and it seems really
> nice! I like your idea of extensibility for color conversion.
> Also, image I/O seems to be set up quite nicely for a starting
> point. Although I have to comment that bit depth shouldn't be a
> template argument, in my opinion. When loading images, bit
> depth should be determined in the runtime, depending on the
> image you'd be loading at the moment. Or am I wrong? - do you
> have some other way of handing this case?
>
> Also wanted to let you know I've been working on a similar
> library for some time now [1].
> Hope we could merge some modules and learn from each other, and
> not have multiple different implementations of the same stuff.
> Please let me know if your interested.
>
> [1] https://github.com/ljubobratovicrelja/dcv

This is how responses should be, so thanks for adding to the
conversation, unlike the initial commenter.

I do think, as there has been multiple proposed libraries for
audio/CV/UI models, that some collaboration and merging of the
more similar modules would benefit greatly from the combined
effort and increased output, as getting these kinds of libraries
off the ground seems to be quite slow at first. I'd love to start
using some CV libraries in D for video processing.