one-file pure D decoders for vorbis, flac and mp3

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 00:33:19 PDT 2016

On Monday, 4 July 2016 at 05:16:50 UTC, sam wrote:
> But I noticed that any MP3 with embedded album art is reported
> as invalid by the library. Here's a sample one:
>
> https://my.mixtape.moe/cjekko.mp3

yep, mp3 detection is very basic. while it *tries* to do some
work on it, you'd better not rely on detection results. for me,
test player is happy playing 7-Zip archives as mp3s, for example.
;-)

thank you for report. i may do something to improve detection,
but to be honest, it is not a priority. such one-file libs are
usually used in environments where you know what your files are
(like game engines and such).

also, please, be aware that you *may* crash libs with malformed
input data. while the libs trying their best to not fail, this
is, again, not a priority.

but still, i'm using my test player to listen my huge
vorbis/flac/mp3 collection, and it seems to work most of the time.

p.s. i'll take a look at the sample anyway. minimp3 should skip
ID3 tags at the start of the file, but i didn't really tested
that code.