Vision document for H2 2016

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 7 14:48:25 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 at 19:56:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H2 -- Andrei
>
> Please provide feedback. We'll make a couple more passes before
> this is complete. Thanks! -- Andrei

I agree that you should explain how it is planned to achieve
"Raising participation". Here's an idea:

Create an outreach/PR team, with the following tasks

a) "Recruitment"
---------------

- Issue official press releases from the D foundation for major
milestones and releases
- Improve the newcomer experience (aka your first five minutes)
- Find ways to inspire developers to get more in touch and
inspire their community
- Find sponsors/members organizations for the D foundation once
it's official
- Help and encourage others to create online course & learning
material about D
- Reach out to interested universities and assist them in their
leading role

See also: http://dlang.org/areas-of-d-usage.html#teaching

b) Brand awareness

- consider to use the new design from the DConf16
- provide (or better: sell) small branding items (stickers,
posters, T-shirts, ...)
- make the #DlangMan culture more mainstream (atm it's mostly
Japanese)

Another main point that I couldn't see at the moment is:

User experience