Vision document for H2 2016

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 06:51:53 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-07 19:55:51 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H2 -- Andrei

A more "business / managment" view:

If we want to achieve hihger adoption rate of D, which IMO should be
the first priority as it's an enabler for a lot of the other things
posted, the non-technical aspects are much more important.

1. Fixing (all) bugs before doing new things: If I look as a CTO, CIO
or CEO on D I the first thing I ask is: "Are they doing a lot of new
stuff? And if, is this thing / last releasae that bullet proof stable
that there are not annoying open issued?" Any other answer then "yes"
would get my "no" to use D.

2. Case-Studies: Yes, we have a lot of projects and things going on
etc. However, beside the "audio plug-in" I'm not so much aware of any D
products. This even becomes harder to market if there are backend
use-case / success stories. I thin it makes sense to show, what D has
been used for, what the advantages are (faster, less cost, better
maintainability) and how to adopt it.

3. How about a "D Master" online certificate? scrum.org is doing that.
You have to go through a pretty hard online exam and reach a certain
point level to become a "Certified Scrum Master". Yes, it might be a
bit early to think about his line, but IMO better early then late. It
just shows, that D is taking care about all the non-technical stuff as
well, which is a decision point for companies.

Just my 2c here...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com