Vision document for H2 2016

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 09:00:30 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 09:17:14AM +0000, Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> I'm not the much in the DMD process, but what about making the
> frontend a library and being able to select the backend at the time of
> compilation, as shortly mentioned at DConf. I bet there are a lot of
> subpoints to that as well.

AFAICT this one is going to take a long time. The current DMD code is
quite volatile and internal APIs do change over time. Making it a
library would be great but if internals are exposed, it would become a
barrier to further development. I don't think we're at the point where
we're ready to actually work on this just yet.

Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.