Vision document for H2 2016

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 13:38:55 PDT 2016

On 07/07/2016 10:33 PM, Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 7/7/16 12:55 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H2 -- Andrei
>
> In the release management section, I'd like to see some priority placed
> on regressions.  There was a time that releases were held until those
> where addressed.  It was only a couple releases, but the list did get
> down to just 1 that was deemed not blocking (I don't remember the details).

While it's true that we don't block releases b/c of regressions any
longer, I wouldn't want to change this. The old rule led to annoying
distortions, where regressions were sometimes (not that often) misused
to raise awareness for a particular problem, and often got fixed
sloppily to no longer block the release w/o following up.

It's true though that we should prioritize regressions fixing more.