First dmd nightly shipping with dub

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 13:43:58 PDT 2016

On 07/08/2016 11:22 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Friday, 8 July 2016 at 09:13:08 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> What would be the use-case for those? Using newer dub versions with an
>> older compiler?
>
> Or simply using dub with ldc/gdb without also installing dmd.

That actually indicates that shipping dub with dmd isn't that useful.
And I might also need a separate dub binary for the install.sh script
and Travis-Ci.
Not sure if Söhnke still wants to maintain the old release process, but
we could definitely extract the dub binaries from the dmd releases and
upload them to code.dlang.org/download.

-Martin