BulletD needs your help!

BLM768 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 18:17:24 PDT 2016

On Friday, 8 July 2016 at 07:59:42 UTC, Dechcaudron wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm sad this post hasn't called anyone's attention so far.
> While I am defintely interested to have BulletD become a thing,
> I sadly can't collaborate with it so far. It's been on my mind
> to give Bullet as a physics engine a try for videogame
> development for a good year now, and I've only been using D for
> the last two months. Reality is I don't have any actual
> experience working with Bullet itself, so I don't really see
> how my input in the project could be valuable.

Aside from the issues I mentioned, the only major issue left is
to fill in the many "holes" in the bindings, so if you end up
using BulletD at some point (assuming I can get it back off the
ground), just file an issue on the GitHub page for anything
that's missing. That makes it easier to focus development efforts.

> Still, I believe that for D to be taken into consideration by
> the general programming community we defintely need to have as
> many libraries as possible, covering as many topics as we can.
> I don't know if we have any other general-purpose physics
> library though.

Derelict includes a binding to the Open Dynamics Engine, which is
a fairly capable engine. Last time I checked, though, Bullet was
somewhat better.

> You have my +1 for trying, and I really hope the community
> notices this project.

Thanks!