Vision document for H2 2016

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 9 08:29:52 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-08 18:07:39 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

> On 07/08/2016 09:51 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:
>> 1. Fixing (all) bugs before doing new things: If I look as a CTO, CIO or
>> CEO on D I the first thing I ask is: "Are they doing a lot of new stuff?
>> And if, is this thing / last releasae that bullet proof stable that
>> there are not annoying open issued?" Any other answer then "yes" would
>> get my "no" to use D.
>
> This needs to be balanced with the zeroth thing you ask, which is: "how
> does it help us with our work better than the competition?" We're not
> working on many new things, but we do work on things that impact that
> question.

IMO D has a lot to put on the table, and that should work seemlessly.
So, the elevator-pitch for D is possible. However, it's a personal
taste what is "better than..." and if helps or not.

My rule of thumb, after many years of experience is, that I'm very
conservative when it comes to base technology stuff. Less is more, slow
moving & high quality is better than fast & fancy.

>> 2. Case-Studies: ...
>
> There are some. I'd love to see such.

Are these listed somewhere?

>> 3. How about a "D Master" online certificate? scrum.org is doing that.
> Will keep that in mind, although there's some stigma associated with this.

Which? That these things are of low quality?

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com