new cpuid is ready for comments

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 12 06:23:46 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 12:46:26 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet
wrote:
> On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 16:30:44 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> Hello :-)
>>
>> `cpuid` package is core.cpuid analog.
>> It would be used by future D BLAS implementation.
>
> Hey Ilya,
>
> Quick question: where do the data come from/how reliable do you
> think they are?

Hello Guillaume,

The data come from CPUID x86/x86_64 instruction.
I have fixed bugs for AMD yesterday. Information for Intel and
AMD processors should be reliable. But I am not sure about Cache
and TLB information for virtual machines and other vendors. You
can use cpuid.x86_any._cpuid [1] to get any information that is
not presented.

[1] http://docs.cpuid.dlang.io/latest/cpuid_x86_any.html#._cpuid