Terminix Stable 1.2.0 Released

Gerald via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 22 12:24:58 PDT 2016

On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 17:30:30 UTC, sdhdfhed wrote:
> On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 13:54:41 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>> I've pushed out the latest stable version of Terminix, a
>> tiling terminal emulator for Linux written in D using GtkD.
>> The following new features have been added:
>>
>> Design changes as per discussion in #372
>> Support for background images
>> Limited support for automatic profile switching
>> Globally disable shortcuts
>> Copy on select preference
>> Support for a Visual Bell
>> Numerous bug fixes
>>
>> More information is available at
>> https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix.
>>
>> I'm always looking for contributors, so if anyone is
>> interested in lending a hand feel free to join the party.
>
> Is terminix already 'officially' packaged by any distro ?

It has been packaged for Debian though there is still an issue
with LDC to be sorted out:

https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix/issues/25#issuecomment-233138093

The biggest challenge is getting D's tool chain supported, the
release of 1.0 of LDC is what is making this possible for
Terminix since DMD is a non-starter for most distros.