Terminix Stable 1.2.0 Released

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 23 03:00:34 PDT 2016

On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 13:54:41 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> I've pushed out the latest stable version of Terminix, a tiling
> terminal emulator for Linux written in D using GtkD. The
> following new features have been added:
>
> Design changes as per discussion in #372
> Support for background images
> Limited support for automatic profile switching
> Globally disable shortcuts
> Copy on select preference
> Support for a Visual Bell
> Numerous bug fixes
>
> More information is available at
> https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix.
>
> I'm always looking for contributors, so if anyone is interested
> in lending a hand feel free to join the party.

Nice! I will test it on our Ubuntu 14.04 + XFCE4 thin client
environment.

On my personal wish list is the feature to mix mouse and terminal
interaction:
With some programs hyperlinks are detected an can be opened with
mouse click.

It would be very cool, to allow the detection of ls command and
offering mouse support for opening files or cd / changing
directories.

I am using always lt as alias for ls -lrt, to see the last
modified files, than just clicking on the file to get an open
dialogue would be very cool.

In the moment I am using a small script: openlast [command], to
open the last modified file with command or if omitted with
gnome-open, but this does not work if you want to open an other
file than the last one. And it ends up again with typing the
program name or copying with the mouse.

Regards mt.