Terminix Stable 1.2.0 Released

qsdjlf via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 23 04:40:20 PDT 2016

On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 19:24:58 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 17:30:30 UTC, sdhdfhed wrote:
>> On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 13:54:41 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>>> I've pushed out the latest stable version of Terminix, a
>>> tiling terminal emulator for Linux written in D using GtkD.
>>> The following new features have been added:
>>>
>>> Design changes as per discussion in #372
>>> Support for background images
>>> Limited support for automatic profile switching
>>> Globally disable shortcuts
>>> Copy on select preference
>>> Support for a Visual Bell
>>> Numerous bug fixes
>>>
>>> More information is available at
>>> https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix.
>>>
>>> I'm always looking for contributors, so if anyone is
>>> interested in lending a hand feel free to join the party.
>>
>> Is terminix already 'officially' packaged by any distro ?
>
> It has been packaged for Debian though there is still an issue
> with LDC to be sorted out:
>
> https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix/issues/25#issuecomment-233138093
>
> The biggest challenge is getting D's tool chain supported, the
> release of 1.0 of LDC is what is making this possible for
> Terminix since DMD is a non-starter for most distros.

integration in distribution could be a good signal, what a say,
Excellent signal, for the D language. I know that some people
here are mostly starving at commercial usage...but for me such
tools written in D and available in linux distros via their
package manager would be a much more significant sign.