New Diet template engine almost complete, ready for comments

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 28 11:34:31 PDT 2016

Am 28.07.2016 um 20:07 schrieb WhatMeWorry:
> On Monday, 25 July 2016 at 09:29:38 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> The Diet template language is aimed at providing a way to define
>> procedurally generated HTML/XML pages (or other output formats), with
>> minimal visual noise. Syntax and feature set are heavily inspired by
>> Jade <http://jade-lang.org/>, but instead of JavaScript, all
>> expressions and statements are D statements,
>
> Is "Diet template" a D/Vibe unique language? I can't find anything to
> contradict that view, but just wanted to sure. Every time I try and look
> it up on google, it takes me to weight loss stuff :)   Good name though.

Yes, it started out as vibe.d exclusive (now it's properly decoupled
from it). For Google it's probably not popular enough, atm, but I've
registered diet-lang.org, which should help a lot once it gets filled
with content.