Battle-plan for CTFE

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 31 01:14:30 PDT 2016

I am very happy to announce that calls are almost working now.
And the code-gen-interface[1] is near finalization.

It should be very easy to provide different back-ends such as
LLVM or libJIT now.
The missing pieces well be added during next week.

I invite everyone to comment on the interface and code.

Don't be shy and feel free to comment

[1]
https://github.com/UplinkCoder/dmd/blob/newCTFE/src/bc_common.d#L313

So far the strong decoupling between dmd and the bytecode has
worked out pretty well.

Being able to debug and test the bytecode component independently
from the AST-processing makes for a faster development process
and allows insight into the code-gen behavior.