std.experimental.xml available on DUB

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 31 05:04:18 PDT 2016

On 7/30/16 5:26 AM, Lodovico Giaretta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm proud to announce that std.experimental.xml v0.1.0 is available on
> DUB [1]!
>
> This is the project I'm working on for GSoC 2016. It aims to become a
> substitution for Phobos std.xml. Now you can easily try it and provide
> some feedback. I will soon create a WIP PR on the Phobos repository.
>
> I suggest you to depend on ~master instead of v0.1.0, as bugfixes and
> enhancements are added on a daily basis (v0.1.0 is already one commit
> behind!)
>
> Current limitations:
> 1) The documentation [2] is very limited;
> 2) Some advanced DOM methods are not completely implemented;
> 3) Some advanced features (e.g. DTD validation, namespace checks) are
> not yet available.
>
> If you find any issue / have any suggestion, please file an issue on
> Github [3].
>
> Thank you.
>
> [1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/std-experimental-xml
> [2] https://lodo1995.github.io/experimental.xml/
> [3] https://github.com/lodo1995/experimental.xml

Good to see this advancing!

I'm looking at the cursor API and like what I see.

A couple things:
1) I see struct Cursor is not tagged for documentation, yet all it's
members are. Your docs are missing out on a lot of stuff here! This
might be true elsewhere too, make sure you tag types for documentation
or the members won't show up in the docs.
2) The function "exit", I don't like. This is bikeshedding, but I just
don't like the possibility that to conflate with C exit. I don't have a
good replacement name for enter/exit, so this comment is pretty minor.

-Steve