std.experimental.xml available on DUB

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 31 11:56:33 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 18:38:32 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 09:26:27 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm proud to announce that std.experimental.xml v0.1.0 is
>> available on DUB [1]!
>>

>> If you find any issue / have any suggestion, please file an
>> issue on Github [3].
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Why is it 15 files when kxml is only one?

kxml is way more than a file. You may say that its parser is just
a file. In std.experimental.xml, the parser is at most three
files (it depends on what you mean by parser), not fifteen.

kxml is also way limited with respect to std.experimental.xml. It
does not support many features, like custom allocators (because
they don't exist in Java). It does not have to strive to be @nogc
(because it does not exist in Java). It does not support high
customization, with custom lexers, pluggable validations, full
DOM Level 3 support, with the ability for the user to provide a
custom DOM implementation and have the DOMBuilder use it instead
of the default provided DOM implementation. It does not support
SAX with DbI on the handler type. It does not support outputting
XML using a custom formatter, again with DbI.

Also keep in mind that std.experimental.xml contains LOTS of
lines of unittests and some code is there just because Phobos
does not provide some essential tools for the job.

It is true that I could merge some of these files, as they are
almost all quite short, but I prefer them this way, cause they
are easier to handle.