The Official D Blog is Live

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 3 18:17:10 PDT 2016

On Friday, 3 June 2016 at 20:34:53 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

> IMO we should disable the comment section. Right now we are
> just asking for spam, and I don't think we want to be in the
> position of moderating each of these sections. Plus, all of the
> D tech discussions happen on reddit, HN, or on here, so I don't
> think we will be missing anything.

The blog will potentially attract people who do not frequent the
forums. From that perspective, I think we should give comments a
try. I do anticipate getting a good deal of spam, but in my
experience, Akismet is pretty effective.

At the moment, I've got it configured to require moderation for
anyone's first comment, so even if there is a lot of spam it
won't be visible. If comment moderation becomes too much for me
to handle, I'll look at other options.