The Official D Blog is Live

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 00:52:26 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 at 16:47:57 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Friday, 3 June 2016 at 19:33:31 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> so if you have any suggestions fire away.
>
> Two things I noticed:
>
> 1. The site doesn't gzip its responses. This can lead to a
> 30%-40% reduction in total page size if used.

I'll have to ask Jan about this.

> 2. The server isn't using Wordpress' custom server error pages.

I'll have to ask him about this one, too. The only way I know to
enable this is via an .htaccess file and it looks like those
might not be enabled.

> Also, one suggestion I have is to use a Wordpress plugin that
> caches the page results into static HTML. This saves the server
> regenerating the templates every page load, which requires a
> slow round trip to the database.

Glad you mentioned this. Caching is something I've never bothered
with on my other Wordpress blogs, so it didn't cross my mind for
this one. The only one I recall hearing of is WP Super Cache.
Looking at [1], it's in the top three along with W3 Total Cache
and WP Fastest Cache. Any recommendations?

[1] https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/wp-cache