Beta release DUB 1.0.0-beta.1

Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 9 00:35:35 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 09:54:19 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> DUB 1.0.0 is nearing completion. The new feature over 0.9.25 is
> support for single-file packages, which can be used to write
> shebang-style scripts on Posix systems:
>
> Full change log:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>
> Download (Latest Preview):
> http://code.dlang.org/download

Hi,

I have some issue get it working on windows. I created a simple
file app.d
with following content:

/+ dub.sdl:
    name "hello_world"
+/

void main()
{
	import std.stdio;
	writeln("Hello World!");
}

while calling dub within the directory containing app.d I receive
following error:

Neither a package description file, nor source/app.d was found in
C:\D\projects\unofficial\examples\cf-example-hello-d_sapnet - Copy
Please run DUB from the root directory of an existing package, or
run
"dub init --help" to get information on creating a new package.

No valid root package found - aborting.

Kind regards
André