Beta release DUB 1.0.0-beta.1

Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 9 01:25:53 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 9 June 2016 at 08:02:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 June 2016 at 07:35:35 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>
>> while calling dub within the directory containing app.d I
>
> dub app.d
>
> Without passing a file name, dub will look for a project
> configuration.

Thanks for the info. In my use case this behavior is cumbersome.

I created a build script for cloud foundry. Command "dub" is
called
for the source files uploaded to cloud foundry. This command is
buried
in the build script.

While seeing this new feature I thought I can develop a file app.d
instead of dub.json/source folder/app.d

I would vote for a fallback of command dub. If there is no
dub.json/dub.sdl & source
folder but a app.d (convention) then as fallback dub is called
with this file.

Any chance for this feature request? :)

As workaround I can adapt the build script to check for the files
mentioned
and call dub one way or the other way.

Kind regards
André