Beta release DUB 1.0.0-beta.1

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 10:45:54 PDT 2016

On 06/08/2016 11:04 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> BTW do people find nested comments particularly useful?

God yes. It's the *only* block comment I ever use. Non-nesting comment
blocks are a worthless PITA with no real benefit: You can't comment out
a block if the block already contains a block comment. You can't include
a block comment inside documentation's sample code. All for...why?

The only real reason is C-compatibility, which I don't see much of a
benefit in either - if you're porting C code to D that actually *relies*
on the goofy behavior of /* */, then the C code's comments are a
terrible mess and need fixing anyway.

I wish we could just abolish non-nesting comment syntax entirely.