Button: A fast, correct, and elegantly simple build system.

drug via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 14 05:04:24 PDT 2016

14.06.2016 13:04, ketmar пишет:
> On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 07:45:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I couldn't agree more. With the D compiler being so fast it's
>> reasonable to just recompile everything at once instead of trying to
>> track what's changed.
>
> i'm agree with that. i'm so used to do just "rdmd main.d" in my projects
> (ranged from "hello, world" to complex game engines).
I don't agree if you don't mind. I have two almost identical
implementation of the same thing in D and C++. And if I rebuild them
totally - yes, dmd is faster than gcc:
	dmd        5 secs
	ldmd2      6 secs
	make      40 secs
	make -j10 11 secs

But if I changed several lines only then dmd time doesn't change and gcc
takes much less time. In fact digits are small for D, but I feel the
difference really. Not big, not bad, but it exists.