Button: A fast, correct, and elegantly simple build system.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 05:02:56 PDT 2016

On 6/15/16 1:42 AM, Jason White wrote:
> On Monday, 13 June 2016 at 20:12:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 6/12/2016 4:27 PM, Jason White wrote:
>>> I don't understand this dependency-phobia.
>>
>> It's the "first 5 minutes" thing. Every hiccup there costs us maybe
>> half the people who just want to try it out.
>
> I suppose you're right. It is just frustrating that people are unwilling
> to adopt clearly superior tools simply because it would introduce a new
> dependency. I'm sure D itself has the same exact problem.

In all likelihood. One issue with build systems is there's no clear heir
to make. There are so many, including a couple (!) by our community,
each with its pros and cons. Which one should we choose? -- Andrei