Release candidate 1.0.0-rc.1 is out

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 10:54:00 PDT 2016

Am 07.06.2016 um 11:54 schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
> DUB 1.0.0 is nearing completion. The new feature over 0.9.25 is support
> for single-file packages, which can be used to write shebang-style
> scripts on Posix systems:
>
>      #!/usr/bin/env dub
>      /+ dub.sdl:
>          name "colortest"
>          dependency "color" version="~>0.0.3"
>      +/
>
>      void main()
>      {
>          import std.stdio : writefln;
>          import std.experimental.color.conv;
>          import std.experimental.color.hsx;
>          import std.experimental.color.rgb;
>
>          auto yellow = RGB!("rgb", float)(1.0, 1.0, 0.0);
>          writefln("Yellow in HSV: %s", yellow.convertColor!(HSV!()));
>      }
>
> With "chmod +x" it can then simply be run as ./colortest.d.
>
> Apart from that, the release contains some bug fixes, most notably it
> doesn't query the registry for each build any more.
>
> Full change log:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>
> Download (Latest Preview):
> http://code.dlang.org/download

The first release candidate is out now! If nothing else comes up, the
release is scheduled for next Monday.

For this release, I've restricted the recipe comments to the /+ +/ style
and to be the first thing in the file apart from the optional shebang
line. This leaves all options open to relax the rules later without
losing backwards compatibility and allows #872 [1] to be finished with
less time pressure.

[1]: https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/872