Beta release DUB 1.0.0-beta.1

mark_mcs via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 04:06:01 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 09:54:19 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> DUB 1.0.0 is nearing completion. The new feature over 0.9.25 is
> support for single-file packages, which can be used to write
> shebang-style scripts on Posix systems:
>
>     #!/usr/bin/env dub
>     /++ dub.sdl:
>         name "colortest"
>         dependency "color" version="~>0.0.3"
>     +/
>
>     void main()
>     {
>         import std.stdio : writefln;
>         import std.experimental.color.conv;
>         import std.experimental.color.hsx;
>         import std.experimental.color.rgb;
>
>         auto yellow = RGB!("rgb", float)(1.0, 1.0, 0.0);
>         writefln("Yellow in HSV: %s",
> yellow.convertColor!(HSV!()));
>     }
>
> With "chmod +x" it can then simply be run as ./colortest.d.
>
> Apart from that, the release contains some bug fixes, most
> notably it doesn't query the registry for each build any more.
>
> Full change log:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>
> Download (Latest Preview):
> http://code.dlang.org/download

I'm not sure if this is a defect or a conscious decision so I
thought I'd ask the question first. Is there a reason why Dub on
Windows uses the APPDATA environment variable, rather than
LOCALAPPDATA? The APPDATA variable points to the roaming profile
directory which means that my entire Dub cache is uploaded when I
log out, then downloaded again when I log back in. Should I raise
a github issue for this? Seems like an easy fix for a 1.0.0
release.