pure D JPEG decoder, with progressive JPEG support, public domain

Xinok via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 16:17:56 PDT 2016

On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 22:15:47 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> i put it under unlicense[1], as some other works of the same
> author is using it, and it is basically the same PD.
>
> [1] http://unlicense.org/

Unfortunately, using unlicense is just as problematic as using
public domain:

https://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/147111/what-is-wrong-with-the-unlicense

The next best thing is the CC0 license (Creative Commons Zero)
which is better written than unlicense but it's currently not
recommended for software / source code.

http://copyfree.org/content/standard/licenses/cc0/license.txt

After that, the most-open licenses with good legal standing would
be Boost and MIT but then you run into the same issues again with
incompatible licenses.

I don't have any recommendations but I thought it was worth
pointing out that unlicense isn't the solution here.