Release DUB 1.0.0

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 22 03:18:01 PDT 2016

Am 21.06.2016 um 00:37 schrieb Basile B.:
> You should add a system to support example files, without dependency.
> For example in a static library, something that would indicate that the
> package in which the file resides is itself a dependency but don't have
> to be downloaded:
>

> package
>      examples
>          ex1.d
>          ex2.d
>      source
>          package
>              src1.d
>
> ex1.d
>       /+ dub.sdl:
>           name "package"
>           dependency "this"  (or dependency "../..")
>       +/
>

> from ex1 you should be able to locate the package by using .dirName
> until a dub.json is found. Maybe that if the dep value is a relative
> path that leads to a description this works too.

This currently works using

     dependency "package" path="../../"

I'd like to avoid making this smarter, because currently (sub) packages
are all logically distinct, which helps a lot to keep the internal logic
simple in various places. An exception to this rule is that versions of
sub packages are locked to the version of the parent package, which
causes quite some complications in the dependency resolution algorithm,
which in turn has often been a source of bugs.