pure D mpeg2 decoder

Ruslan Mullakhmetov via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 24 00:35:51 PDT 2016

Hi all!

I saw pure jpeg decoder was announced recently and I decided to
publish pure D mpeg2 decoder that I wrote just for myself, with
study aims.

I didn't test it exhaustively, so don't judge me for bugs)

Currently it supports only progressive sequences with no B frames.

As for performance, it's 5 times slower than ffmpeg
implementation, optimizations are required.

link: https://github.com/theambient/mpeg2

Does someone want to write pure D AVC or HEVC decoder/encoder?  =)

P.S. It sometimes has some artifacts, I didn't try to fix them.