Makd (build system) and d1to2fix tool (D1->D2 conversion) released as open source

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 24 09:02:26 PDT 2016

Hello Dland. I just wanted to let you know we just released the
first D-related projects as open source.

Makd is a a GNU Make library/framework to build D projects (I
know there is a lot of hate towards Make, so I'm not sure if this
is good or bad news for the community :-P).

https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/makd

Also, even when it can be used to build D2, it defaults to use
the `dmd1` compiler, but it can be easily change by just
overriding a variable (see
https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/makd#d2-support for
details).

The d1to2fix tool is a (D2) tool to do the final steps to convert
D1 code to D2. It is based on libdparse and dfix and it's been a
key part of our transition. Although for the rest of the
community it might just a curiosity.

https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/d1to2fix

These are all dependencies to release our Ocean library, which we
still aim to release late next week, hopefully fulfilling our
promise to make it in June :)

Thanks, and comments are welcome!