Button: A fast, correct, and elegantly simple build system.

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 26 23:43:26 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Jason White via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 20 June 2016 at 08:21:29 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 20 June 2016 at 02:46:13 UTC, Jason White wrote:
>>
>>> This actually sounds nice. Main problem that comes to my mind is that
>>>>

>>> I'd make it so it could either produce a Bash or Batch script. Possibly
>>> also a PowerShell script because error handling in Batch is awful. That
>>> should cover any platform it might be needed on. Normalizing paths
>>> shouldn't be a problem either.
>>>
>>> This should actually be pretty easy to implement.
>>>

>> Will plain sh script script also work for MacOS / BSD flavors? Committing
>> just two scripts is fine but I wonder how it scales.
>>

> FYI, I implemented this feature today (no Batch/PowerShell output yet
> though):
>
>     http://jasonwhite.github.io/button/docs/commands/convert
>
> I think Bash should work on most Unix-like platforms.

And there is this[0] for windows, if you wanted to try bash on windows:

[0]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about