Argon: an alternative parser for command-line arguments

Jason White via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 2 20:48:42 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 2 March 2016 at 19:50:30 UTC, Markus Laker wrote:
> https://github.com/markuslaker/Argon
>
> Let me know if you do something interesting with it.
>
> Markus

Looks nice! Can it support sub-commands (e.g., git status)? I
suppose that can be done by passing through unused arguments and
parsing those again.

Also, you'll get more users if it's a dub package and on
code.dlang.org.

I was also dissatisfied with std.getopt and wrote a command line
argument parser (competition!):

     https://github.com/jasonwhite/darg

Though it's not quite feature-complete yet, it does everything I
need it to. It uses compile-time introspection to fill out the
fields of a struct. It can also generate the help and usage
strings at compile-time.