Argon: an alternative parser for command-line arguments

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 3 01:33:38 PST 2016

Am Thu, 03 Mar 2016 09:09:38 +0000
schrieb Markus Laker <markus.laker at gmail.com>:

> * It can open files specified at the command line.  It can do a
> simplified version of what cat(1) does and many Perl programs so,
> and open a file specified by the user or fall back to reading
> from stdin.  There's also a convention that the user can type "-"
> to mean stdin or stdout, depending on the open-mode you specify.

The rest of this list sounds quite good, but please reconsider
automatically opening files:
https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7130-the_perl_jam_2

I guess the scenario can't happen in D as our open file methods won't
execute programs (!) but still....