code-debug 0.6.0 released (GDB & LLDB for vscode)

Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 7 16:23:55 PST 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 21:25, WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I just released version 0.6.0 of my debug extension for visual studio code.
> It works really well for debugging D code and I also use it everytime I
> debug my D code. It's still not completely finished but it supports lots of
> features now. If you want to debug your code in vscode just install the
> extension with
>
> ext install gdb
>
> The name of the extension is "Debug" but "gdb" is more specific for finding
> it
>
> LLDB is freshly added so be sure to report bugs to the github repository. :)
>
> github: https://github.com/WebFreak001/code-debug
> vscode: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.debug

Cool, I'll give this a crack.

I've tried out code-d, but it only seems to do anything useful with dub.
None of my projects use dub. Every project I have combines C/C++/D,
and dub is an insufficient build system.
I can configure vscode projects to invoke my builds, but code-d
doesn't have any project metadata to work with in that context.
Can you work code-d to get its necessary working state from explicit
variables in the vscode project file?