New Article: My Experience Porting Python Dateutil's Date Parser to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 9 15:31:04 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 22:17:39 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> system for my personal projects), I can totally sympathize with
> the annoyances of using a dynamically-typed language, as well
> as dodgy iterator designs like __next__. (I've not had to deal
> with __next__ in Python so far, but *have* worked with C/C++
> code that basically iterates that way, and it's not pretty.)

What is problematic with __next__ (Py3) and next (Py2)?

It's a pretty straight forward standard iterator design and quite
different from the table pointers C++ uses.