New Article: My Experience Porting Python Dateutil's Date Parser to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 10 00:22:58 PST 2016

On Thursday, 10 March 2016 at 00:29:46 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> It's a pretty straight forward standard iterator design and
>> quite different from the table pointers C++ uses.
>
> I explain my grievances in the article.

They didn't make all that much sense to me, so I wondered what
Theo's issues were. As in: real issues that have empirical
significance.

D ranges and Python's are regular iterators, nothing special. The
oddball are C++ "iterators" that are pairs of pointers.

Efficiency and semantic issues when it comes to
iterator-implementation go both ways all depending on the
application area. This is nothing new. People have known this for
ages, as in decades.

If you want fast you have to use a "next" iterator-implementation
writing multiple elements directly to the buffer. This is what
you do in signal processing.