dlang.org Re-Design Dark Theme

Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 10:23:45 PDT 2016

On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 16:42:27 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Is this intended as a Stylist style option for the site?

Yeah, I just don't want to bother with authenticating on their
site right now. Feel free to submit it if you'd like to see it
there. I don't know how maintenance/updating of userstyles on the
Stylish repository works but how bad could it be? :)

> Light writing on dark background is so much nicer that the
> reverse.

I personally agree, but I don't really care which is the default
as long as both are available.

The issue with light-on-dark is that if it's not applied
consistently then the occasional "flashes of light" will be
really disruptive, bordering on painful, and apparently for some
people it's even a medical issue. I really like how Stylish
handles this conveniently in a non-intrusive manner. People who
don't care don't even have to know about it.