LDC now supports Windows MSVC x86/x64 as first class targets

Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 20 03:54:54 PDT 2016

This is extremely good news!

Where is LDC at with the D frontend at the moment?
Have Walter's numerous February fixes for C++ compatibility made their
way in yet?

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone looked at connecting the MS codegen
(C2.DLL) to LDC like MS do with Clang+C2 (Clang frontend w/ MS
codegen) that was released in VS2015 Update 1/2?
I suspect their C2.DLL connectivity code must be available(?), and
theoretically LDC could connect to it for codegen the same way Clang
does(?), and that would lead to 100% MS compatible binary and
debuginfo output.
ClangC2 produces binaries that are almost indistinguishable from MSVC
compiled binaries while debugging.