DConf 2016 announces programme, general registration opened thrugh April 22

Luís Marques via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 28 15:30:33 PDT 2016

On Monday, 28 March 2016 at 20:33:37 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
> The "What Parnas72 Means for D" talk sounds interesting, but I
> think it needs an abstract for the abstract, or a TL;DR.

That was the "Extended Description" that I had submitted. The
original "Abstract" section read:

David Parnas' 1972 seminal paper, "On the criteria to be used in
decomposing systems into modules", set a milestone in our
collective understanding of how complex programs should be
divided into more manageable parts. Over forty years later, I
have reimplemented in D the example programs presented in the
paper and came away with insights that are not obvious from a
more casual reading of that text. In this talk I will 1) present
the original insight of the paper, using more modern language; 2)
relate it to current design best practices and 3) argue, with the
help of my implementation, that D best fulfilled the paper's
original vision, even surpassing it.