DConf 2016 announces programme, general registration opened thrugh April 22

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 28 21:42:17 PDT 2016

On 03/29/2016 04:50 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I just realized today that a live stream is not going to be enjoyable
> for us who are still in the US.
>
> Any chance that we can have a *scheduled* delay rebroadcast right when
> it ends? So basically starting at like 11am Eastern time, 8am Pacific.
>
> Heck, we might even play it a third time for people on the other side of
> the world too, but I'm asking for myself so jut the ne is good.
>

> I want this coordinated and announced because then we can all be on
> together and have "live" chat without being up in the middle of the
> night to be live with the folks in Germany.

I am not sure this has much value. The main benefit of live stream is
that everyone can ask questions online and those will be forwarded to
speakers. Isn't it better to simply wait for recorded high quality
videos otherwise?

P.S. devs from Europe did indeed have to stay awake through the night to
watch previous dconfs ;)